HybridZ

Swapping interiors?

firm

First off, I searched and came up with nothing (which shocked me to say the least).

I was wondering if the center console and dash from older z's would fit into a 280zx. As far as the center console goes I really don't like the wide radio spot in my 280 and would be much happier with an older setup. The reasoning behind wanting to change the dash is similar, I really like the gauge setup in the older z's and would eventually like to change it up. I'm pretty positive that I won't be doing anything to my dash until autometer starts making 5" gauges in their nexus line, but I would still like to know anyways.

Thanks in advance.

Anybody? I just searched again and I came up with a lot of threads on custom center consoles, but none about swapping an older z center console into a zx.

I'll check back in and check the thread here in a bit.. Hopefully someone will have a few answers. Feel free to point me towards any other site that you think might help answer my questions.

I was just reading an article on the history of the z car over on edmunds.com and that same thought had gone across my mind.

I really like the interior of the z's too. Oh well, I'll be just as happy when they start making those 5" nexus'.

Oh btw, I love your car man. Very clean.

• 10 months later...

Perhaps you could go with one of the GTO style dashes.

www.reactionresearch.com/dash.htm

I like #2. That's what I'll probably end up putting in mine when I get that close...But you'd have a gap between the dash and the console I believe with the Simpson style dash.

The Alphabet dash is a cap and can go over the existing one...or be used as a complete replacement.

BUT, you could then make your own custom console and cover it in whatever you choose. :)