HybridZ

Hit and Miss with starting an L28

b82ta

Ok, well I have been lurking on these forums for a while, after I picked up a 1978 280z over the summer. Anyway, my question is, and yes I have searched. There was what appeared to be two resistors soldered together and this was plugged into the line that leads from the temp sensor. Has anyone ever heard of this? It looks like a homemade job considering it used non factory plugs and was wrapped in black electrical tape. anyway this just leads into my other question. I have had problems keeping the car running consistantly. It will run amazing and then not. I think I have narrowed it down to a wiring issue, most likely in that same line, from the temp sensor. Any suggestions on how to narrow this problem down? Also what is the best way to clean the injector plugs? They are kinda not so nice lookin. Used some electrical contact cleaner, but I didnt know if anyone had some tips or tricks. I really want to get this running decent so I can drive it. Just this issue and the brakes need to be bled, I finally got the clutch fixed yesterday.

Thanks

Adam

Ok, well I have been lurking on these forums for a while, after I picked up a 1978 280z over the summer. Anyway, my question is, and yes I have searched. There was what appeared to be two resistors soldered together and this was plugged into the line that leads from the temp sensor. Has anyone ever heard of this? It looks like a homemade job considering it used non factory plugs and was wrapped in black electrical tape. anyway this just leads into my other question. I have had problems keeping the car running consistantly. It will run amazing and then not. I think I have narrowed it down to a wiring issue, most likely in that same line, from the temp sensor. Any suggestions on how to narrow this problem down? Also what is the best way to clean the injector plugs? They are kinda not so nice lookin. Used some electrical contact cleaner, but I didnt know if anyone had some tips or tricks. I really want to get this running decent so I can drive it. Just this issue and the brakes need to be bled, I finally got the clutch fixed yesterday.

Thanks

Adam

check this post out, (read the first page at least)

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=90063&highlight=AFM+adjustment+fuel

maybe this is what they are doing,

It does work..

Nigel

Alright Thank you very much for the info on the fusible links I will be sure to check them out. Thanks also for the information about the Fuel Injection tuning, I would also agree that that is what they were trying to accomplish, This being the case, should I leave that resistor piece in there? or take it out and run it as it would have been stock? Once its running it runs great, its just that it sometimes doesn't start or stumbles and dies. Rather frustrating.

Alright Thank you very much for the info on the fusible links I will be sure to check them out. Thanks also for the information about the Fuel Injection tuning, I would also agree that that is what they were trying to accomplish, This being the case, should I leave that resistor piece in there? or take it out and run it as it would have been stock? Once its running it runs great, its just that it sometimes doesn't start or stumbles and dies. Rather frustrating.

Sounds like fusible links. Replace them with a newer fuse block or just redo the old ones. Make sure you get the correct amperage wire though.

Thank you, I will replace the fusible links and try it again, hopefully that will do it. This car is a wiring nightmare, nothing in the interior works... but that will get fixed later, I just want to drive it :) I will try bypassing the resistor once I get it to run well and see if it makes any difference at all, Right now I need to get it to run consistently.

Thanks again!