HybridZ

Light blue/ivory color combo

Gareth

Hi guys,

my Z is off to the paint shop (the rollcage installation took a lot of time), and I think I found a suitable color combo for it (it will be a vintage racer/rally car):

descriptio-8924.jpg

I'm searching for a color similar to the light blue Alfa 8C on the right, and would like to combine it with ivory (or off-white) roundels on both doors and the hood, for the racing number location.

Now to the questions:

- Does anyone have a clue where can I source colors similar to these?

- What kind of primer should I use for the period-correct, not-very-shiny look (I don't care about the rust protection, it's a racecar anyway)?

Thanks in advance.

Tony

a good painter should be able to recreate the color by looking at the picture. of course, you should ask to see the color before he sprays the entire car, but i'm sure they'll work with you

I have a full magazine article with the blue 8C, so if my painter's good, then I'll be able to recreate the color on my car. Thanks for notice.

A few min of googling and I came up with these pics for this car, hope they help...

It's a bit lighter than the color I'm searching for (or so I think), but thanks anyway! Maybe I'll just take the color from the pictures and try experiment with it in Photoshop...

I've read a bit about the 8C, and it seems that many unrelated models got the name, which stands for Otto Cilindri (eight cylinders) - the 8C Monza was powered by a straight 8 as two blocks of four joined in-line with two DOHC heads and a supercharger... Nice, especially for a 30s car.

That paint on the weisman car looks like a flat paint. I would have gone that route on my z but I had already comitted myself to the paint im using on my car. Do a search on Yahoo and some will come up, one of the venders sells paint on Ebay and all primers for it. The flat base paints look awsome and are easily repairable if get scratched.