HybridZ

ez wiring kit, what goes to ecu? and other questions.

PUSHER

As far as the guy from EZ-wire told me, most of the wires are for interior harness/chassis harness electrical, so the actually have a separate EFI harness that you can buy if you email and ask them. It's an S1000 or something. and someone has used it (according to him) to run an SR20 with an aftermarket or stock computer.

The EFI wiring should be done separately and you can snip whatever runs through both and is replaced with the EZ wire.

I think at most you will need power, ground, and tach signal to the ECU.

Tach I would probably use a butt-connector or something that can be separated easily.

And for the power and ground, I thought about using a high-guage, high-amperage MIL-SPEC CPC Connector.

You can get them in high voltage 2 prong. Twist them together, and they stay put for good.

They are used in space shuttles, so it could get costly doing it for every connection, but one good connector for power and ground will cost you like 20 bucks. I think it's a good idea if you want to make them modular.

Infact, you could run an inline fuse and have one mounted to the firewall too, they have panel mounts =)