HybridZ

Sell or not Sell

Nismo280zEd

Need some help from some wiser folk or atleast some people with a different mind set.

I've got two cars right now. A 95 S14 (240sx) lightly modded, exhaust, intake, alarm, paint, and the kouki front end, as well as SE 5 lugs and SE wheels.

I've also got my Z. 78 280z 2+2 w/ MS 3.0 running MSnSE about to get an S14 rear subframe swap (better suspension, disc brakes, etc. ) interior is kinda stripped, has front seats and carpet and a dash, speakers and radio. No heater or A/C. Working on repainting it.

I'm hopefully going to be attending UofH in August which is a 50 mile commute if I drive. I don't need two cars as I'm trying to cut out some debt and save for a house. My plan is to sell the 240 for about 7,5K (yeah I can get that, the market for 240's is retarded right now) take 2k or less and put that into the Z then through the left over at a credit card and pay it off.

My question is... would you daily drive a 30 year old car for another 2-3 years?

-Ed

Well I do all my own paint and body work so good PPG paint and materials will only run like 600.

I used to daily drive my Z when I had webers on it.. but 13mpg was enough financially for me to stop driving it. 240sx is in need of a head job the seals are old and it's starting to burn some oil from the vavle seals. Other than that she's in great shape even with almost 160k on her. Still reading 200psi across the board.

I talked with the wifey tonight about it, looks like I'll be able to hold onto both for a bit longer. I guess I"ll just have to wait and see how the next 5 months pan out.

I miss my Z so bad though. :(