HybridZ

Z28 and 280z: Not the same!!!

Challenger

Well in September I won an auction for a "240z 260z 280z" 3 piece spoiler. This is the one the JCR used to sell and the spoiler that is looked at as rare.

Here is the item.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260156170906

The attached picture are what I recieved. The dimensions of the spoiler are: 44 inches wide for the center piece, after 7 inches the outer pieces begin to turn down the sides of the car at a 45 degree angle.

If anyone who responses to this could go and measure their car and post that these dimensions arent even close to the Z cars it would be much appreciated.

Heres ads for what it actually is:

www.trikfbdyprtsperformance.com/parts_body.htm Look familiar?!?!

(part way down)

74_Z28_rear.jpg

This looks familiar too. (is that a z28 or a 280z?)

Heres the Zcar spoiler:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=124252&highlight=piece+spoiler

Id appreciate any comments on confirming this is not the spoiler he stated, and that there is no way it would fit.

Ill be sending a link of this thread to the seller if enough people respond.

Thanks.

DSCF4040_thumb.JPG

DSCF4041_thumb.JPG

I had a problem with this ebayer too about a turbo afm. He had a lottery type auction where he lists multiply items then the winner gets to pick what they want then so on and so on.Well i won that listed the turbo afm first ,second was a turbo oil cooler and third was a turbo air cleaner assy.Over about a week i made 4 requests for invoice as shipping was not given .After 1 week i left neg feedback with ebay about no responce. He calls me a with some silly story about id theft, i ask about afm and he says it was sold .then he leaves neg feedback about non payment

Yeah I found ebay doesnt do anything. I finally was able to call him and he said he sold it in "good faith" and that he took it off of a 260zed that he didnt notice any major modification to. He never answers strait when I ask him If he thinks it is a camaro spoiler, this is after I showed pictures of cars and advertisements with the exact camaro spoiler.

The thing I found funny was that he was telling me that it was for an s30 when he only deals with ZX's.

Hey mopar my 83 280zx is 43" hatch and approx. 52" for entire back. Really sorry about that toltally sucks. Maby you can modify it? You do have all winter. BTW I just got back from home depot and costco, my zx has no snow tires on and i LOVE driving in these conditions, turned 10 or so dounets on my side street! Dose the de-icer cause corrosion? Iam glad they quite useing sand and salt when I was young!

I figgin wish! If you saw what was at my disposal: tools, lift, know how, dyno, shop....etc. You would be tempted to come over to my house and be me within inchs of my life! When I posted I thought that might come up, and I know it is a great deal, but, 3 young kids, wife, restoring a 1912 craftsman house and owning 2 buniness that dont have the money to spare, I can not, sorry. BTW, I tried once but would you like to cheack out my brother in laws/dads shop? 1000 hp cobra and a chevy that will suprise you. I am out of bugeted money so I cant work on the house or the rental I own and I am off for 4 days!

Mopar69,

The side pieces should not be like that. They should follow the Zs' lines, with only minor filling and shaping.

Give Dave a call at Arizona Z car, you may pay a little more for a spoiler if his source still makes them. I had to do a lot of massaging to get the spoiler to fit on the hatch. I added screws to them as well as super strentgh body adhesive to attach to the body.

The three piece spoiler for the Z has a curved area for hatch lock that is in the mold. The Camaro spoilers do not have this shaped area.

My Z from the rear

flare_r_driver.JPG

Guest TeamNissan
Yeah I found ebay doesnt do anything. I finally was able to call him and he said he sold it in "good faith" and that he took it off of a 260zed that he didnt notice any major modification to. He never answers strait when I ask him If he thinks it is a camaro spoiler, this is after I showed pictures of cars and advertisements with the exact camaro spoiler.

The thing I found funny was that he was telling me that it was for an s30 when he only deals with ZX's.

If you paid through paypal file a item not as described through ebay 1st then paypal then mail it back. It will take 30 or so days but as long as you returned the item paypal will refund you the money regardless of what he says. If you didn't then call ebay customer support and wait about a hour for a person then explain it to them. I believe it falls under their buyer protection program. Your out shipping and time for sure but they always side with the buyer. I should know I'm a seller lol.

Even if both those options some how fail you can just resell it as under the correct description. That style z28 spoiler is popular.

Well I contacted Ebay and they havent done anything. Paypal said they cant do anything and the seller keeps saying he wont take it back or refund the purchase price (Im willing to forget about the shipping).

Im going to try and call ebay or paypal and actually talk to them.

If the seller, Paypal and Ebay do not come through, put the spoiler back on the market. I have seen a few 2nd generation Z28 clones and all need that spoiler to complete the puzzle. As a matter of fact I passed on deal to buy a Z28 clone, so selling the spoiler can be and option.

Sorry to hear that. I noticed he left bad feedback for you as well.

Welcome to the ebay burn club.

As always ebay is a portal for buyers and sellers. Some sellers have morals others do not. A few days ago I received a full refund for a door panel listed as fitting a 74-75 280Z. The panel was actually for a 77-78. I was not expecting a refund like that!

A few years ago I won a bid on a camshaft in Australia. After winning the auction, I paypal'd the funds. About 2 hours later ebay sent a message saying the users account was suspended and I should not pay for the items. Ahh, a little to late there. Never did get the cam or the $$$ back.