HybridZ

How to make an RB30det

Noddle

Looks like the blank indents are there though, ready to drill and tap... (?)

In my years of research, appearantly very few even bother installing the oil squirters. Those that do say it was a PITA. Something about the oil gallies not lining up the way one might think is what I remember them saying.

RB30's, as stated, do have main girdles as standard.

Another reason why Rob (RIPSNZ) mentioned that he hadn't found the need for ARP main studs, and that they've re-used main bolts with no failures as of yet. Maybe that's a testament to the strength that the girdle provides in bolt loading as well as distribution of forces.

As for the oil squirters, They will also get in the way of the rods or the counterweights is what I've read.

And it might be a good idea to have the pistons coated with some heat dispersing coatings from techline or swaintech or something. It will do a better job than squirting them with super hot oils from what people are telling me.

wow cleeeeaaaaannnnn, in the pile of parts from raff is there another girdle? oh yea thanks for the pic :)

I've done all the work for you. In the long white container, you will find the crankshaft with the journals wrapped in cloths and taped in place so they wouldn't scratch or rust. Beside that is the girdle. both wrapped in styrofoam housing so they don't bounce around. Pistons are numbered from the cylinder i pulled them from and placed on top. Bearings are numbered and wrapped in packaging paper and put inside a small container inside the bigger white container, along with everything else i took off the block.

If there is anything missing, i have it and i can ship it.

I've done all the work for you. In the long white container, you will find the crankshaft with the journals wrapped in cloths and taped in place so they wouldn't scratch or rust. Beside that is the girdle. both wrapped in styrofoam housing so they don't bounce around. Pistons are numbered from the cylinder i pulled them from and placed on top. Bearings are numbered and wrapped in packaging paper and put inside a small container inside the bigger white container, along with everything else i took off the block.

If there is anything missing, i have it and i can ship it.

u tha man raff :) thanks again i am plannint he trip to get the beast on saturday. Then comes assembly, i will be asking alot for recommendations on rods and pistons as well with any other performance parts i will need. Im not gonna mess around when i build the rb30det i am going all out.......well according to my budget :D