HybridZ

Defcon 2.5

The welting can be found at auto parts stores that specialize in VWs or old trucks. Regarding the wager: I lost.

I was trying to get two sets of custom wheels built before the May 2002 OTC. Monocoque came through but the wheels weighed more then they promised. I then contacted BBS about a custom set of 16 x 10 wheels and received lots of promises about "deliery in two weeks", "perfect fit", etc.

Basically, they lied - to the point of giving me bogus UPS tracking numbers. Even when they sorta had the wheels they had bored the centers for 5 studs instead of 4. BBS is geared to support race teams that buy dozens of custom wheels at a time. They talk like they support the privateer, but they sure don't deliver.

I ended up getting two sets of wheels from Kodiak. 16 x 10s that weigh 14 lbs.

And that wager was that BBS would deliver my wheels in their claimed two weeks. The Viper was involved because a friend had just received 4 sets of BBS wheels for his Viper race team - which he received in two weeks.

...and what is fender welting smile.gif

I kinda didn't like the exposed bolt head look, but I suppose it may be the easiest DIY way without fiberglass work or something, hmm. Still not sure what I'll go with but I'll wait till I get some big wheels anyway.

Ian, I'll be out there Sunday driving Lynn's Miata in CSM. The car is getting closer to completion with goal of it on a chassis dyno by the end of February.

Owen, open a phone book! A quick look by me found Vee Parts and Accessories in Santa Ana, Vee Dub Parts Unlimited in HB, Wolfsburg West in Anaheim, Bug Pack in Anaheim, etc.

Mudge, its a rubber gasket with a bead that fits between body panels. Used mostly for vehicles with separate fenders.

No. I was going to trade them for two Quaife diffs around Christmas but the buyer got laid off. I'm probably going to use them as the rain tire set for the OTC in April.

Or, if someone wants them, I'll let them go for $300 each ($1,200) without the 245/45-16 R3S03 Hoosiers or $425 each ($1,700) with the tires.

Here's a link to Eric's Wheels for Sale page:

Monocoque 16 x 9s