HybridZ

Crossram webers

I think you are looking thru the round section where the carb bolts and seeing part of the rectangular section where the intake bolts to the heads.

Well tuned, those things have some truly awesome throttle response. Of course, you're going to spend some money getting to the well tuned part.

jt

yep that's exactly what it is. at first when i saw that i figured he ment that it looked retarded, because looking through the carb side, it looks like the runner from the other side causes it to get crushed, but it's because it's matching the rectangle side where it mates to the engine.

It looks to me like the issue is where the runners cross in the middle, but really it doesn't matter what the reason is. If the manifold necks down as much and as sharply as it looks in the picture, it's not good. If the round and rectangular holes are roughly the same size then fine. If they're really far off then I'd say use a different carb or a manifold with a better taper. That one just looks crappy, at least from that picture.

One other thing is that the ad says it can be used with 45, 48, 50, and 55 carbs. In triple carb land the manifold needs to be at least as big as the carb size. I had a 40 manifold that some moron had run with a set of 44's bolted to it and you could see how much of the carb opening was blocked. So I wonder if that manifold has a 45mm hole or a 55mm hole.

Guest sledheadak

those were avaliable as a dealer installed option-along with tube headers-on the early Z-28s.the intake port on the sb heads are rectangle thats why they change shape.they do make good power but as already said they can be a pain to get tuned.but they do look trick when u open the hood.

By "early Z/28s" you mean the first generation Camaro? There weren't any cross rams for the 1gen, the only option was a dual plane 2x4bbl manifold, available from the moment when SCCA changed the Trans Am rules to make multiple carburetion legal...

Sorry for digressing, but I just wanted to clear this out.

There's a good Reason Pierce is Dumping that manifold on Ebay! I will leave it at that! :)

The Manifold is a knock off of a Moon unit, where it's made is a different story!

The design of the X manifold lends itself to great runner length, for the small block while giving great hood Clearance!

If you want one that bad I have one I am willing to take a lose on! :) If................... you can get it to bolt on to a Motor with out modifing the manifold first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

whether or not the manifolds are good, the picture is only showing the ambient light coming from the back side of the picture, through the square port on the other bank on the head-mounting side.

I still think that you guys are wrong. Look at the picture again. If a smaller carb was used the runners could be smaller and then they wouldn't interfere with each other, or possibly the same carbs could be used but the runners arched higher so that the tubes missed each other.

Let's try another way:

The part of the runner we can see:

242b_11.jpg

OK, complete the runner guys. Here's mine:

242b_12.jpg

The way it looks to me would have me trying to find a ITB or downdraft weber manifold instead.