HybridZ

Yoter tranny... r154 , v160 or v161

czecho

Hello everyone, I'm putting a 1uz-fe motor in my z32 and was wondering what tranny i should use and I'm going to boost it as well, so it needs to hold a lot of torque. Price is a issue as well so lets say if the v161 is better then v160 but the v160 is $300 cheaper for a adapter i going with v160. But if its a huge difference in performance then i will go with the more expensive. But i need help with this. I don't know anything about the 6 speed trannies Toyota made for there supras, Im hoping there awesome, but you never know.

Thanks

Eric

i've researched the 1jz/2jz swap, and from what I was reading, the R154 was a viable option to bolt onto those motors, so assuming that these were pretty stout engines to begin with, the R154 SHOULD hold up pretty well.

also, they are fairly easy to find for reasonable prices

The V161 is the Japanese version of the the V160. They are essentially the same except for gear ratios - the V161 has shorter gears and if you used this one you would probably need a very long rear gear to be happy with it.

My Turbo IS300 has the V160 and a 3.13:1 rear, and I would not want any shorter gearing in my transmission.