HybridZ

LS1 ordered !

I just purchased my 02 LS1 w/ T56 :mrgreen: The engine will also come w/ ECU, engine harness and all related accessories. JTR headers, radiator w/ mount kit, and air induction plumbing ordered as well. Placing my order with JCI for my mounts, vital liquids set, and fuel pump on Tuesday.

The LS1 wasn't my original plan (Blown SBC), but I believe in the long run it will be more reliable/suitable for a DD w/ a few passes down the drag strip every now and then. Plus, I can always build it up and throw a blower on it down the road :burnout:

I'll post pics once I get everything :)

• 2 weeks later...

Stirick: I bought my LS1/T56 pull out off of Ebay from a seller named Fparts. They were great to work with ! I bought the package for $4,699 + shipping (Engine, trans, pcm, wiring harness, MAF, and all bolt on parts).

Slammed68: I'll be using my stock 280z tank, which will be boiled and recoated. The 280z tank will also have weld in bungs attached to it for the feed and return hoses. A 1/2" (-8an) ss braided hose for the feed line. I will be using the high flow fuel pump from JCI. The fuel lines will be ran along the top of the firewall to a Aeromotive FP regulator, then to the fuel rail. A 3/8" (-6an) ss braided hose will be used for the return line. I got the ideas by looking through some of the member's galleries on here. Check out 1 tuff z's gallery. He had a lot of helpful pics for myself :)

Must be a common thing for pull outs to have aftermarket shifters LOL...

My 05 GTO T56 had a brand new B&M shifter on it, and I got it for 900 bucks lmao..

Quite a few of the Camaro's had optional hurst shifters out of the factory. It should do well in the Z. They shift noticably better than the stock GM unit on the Camaro, which was better than the stock unit on the GTO. The B&M is a must for the GTO unit into a Z. Slammed, you were lucky to get yours with the tranny.

Blown77- So you've had the engine for 24 hours now. It is in and running, or just making you antsy?

Have fun with the swap, you will love it.

Mike

Mike, you beat me to the punch. Hurst short throw shifters were a common option. My setup came from a Trans Am and also has the Hurst short throw shifter. I also removed the 1st to 4th lockout solenoid on the tranny and plugged it with a oil drain plug, fits right in. Then the PC was programmed without it.

The Hurst shifter has the shortest throw I have ever driven, works great!!!

Blown77,

I bought a couple LS1 motors from Fparts also. Nice guys to buy stuffs from and they guarantee their stuffs. They are only 1/2 hour driving from PHilly. I was wondering why you didn't buy from the guys in Florida. Good luck with the swap. If you need wiring diagrams let me know.

Vinh

m1noel: I'm so antsy it aint funny :( I've got a few days worth of prep work before I can drop it in (pull stock engine, clean up engine bay etc). I read through the JCI install guide last night at work, a little confusing at first, but I should be able to figure it out. The wire monster is waiting for me :shock:

VinhZXT: I knew that Fparts were good people to do business with so I just went with them. I'll be sending you some more PM's concerning some wiring in the next week or so hehe.