HybridZ

Anyone with rota rb's and toyota brakes?

Anyone out there have the toyota 4X4 vented brakes with a set of rota RB's. I recently purchased a set of brakes and I can't use them with my 14 inch rims. I will be purchasing a set of 16 or 17X7 with a 4 mm offset and was wondering will it clear the caliper? Also do I need longer wheel studs with these rims? Thanks

I don't have the 4x4 caliper but I can confirm that the RB have a lot of room for caliper clearances. See pics attached of a set of Rota RB 15x8 +12. Also the RB-R also have more than enough room too. However I have found that the RB centre bore is not quite large enough to sit flush on the hub so I am currently running a 1/4" spacer however later next week I plan to remove my front hubs and turn them down (only at the base where they tapper out this is the issue and we are talking under 1mm). I am going to mod the hub not the rim as this way only 2 hub need changing not 4 rims (or if like me you plan to have another set for wets then 8 rims)

Hope this helps.

4790_thumb.attach

4791_thumb.attach

The not fitting is the RB-R these one in the pic shown (standard RB's) have no issues. And I fixed it today - the issue was a coat of paint - that is all - well that and the casting of the hub. If you look at a stock hub it has rough casting and these high spots were the issue (with the thick coat of paint) so I remove the disc, and studs (as I was going to install longer wheel studs anyway) and then just hit the hub with a file to smooth out the casting marks then just painted black from a can :) all good now - this might have just been my hubs as when I did a search on this site for the hub sizing a found that they vary from 72.9mm to 72mm so mine just might have had a few more high spots than others.

Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump such an old thread- But im running the vented set up myself and am going to get myself a set of the 16x8 +4 RBs myself, and am curious to know about this- Anyone have a solid answer if they will fit without issues with those brakes? I do have a 1" spacer (to run my 14s) so if i need a spacer its not an issue, but itd e nice to be able to run it without it if its possible. Curiousity is getting the best of me.

• 2 weeks later...