HybridZ

What can I use off a Z31 turbo?

Guest AlexS13

Guest AlexS13

A frind of mine has a Z31 Turbo he is parting out...what parts off it would I be able to use on my 240z...I already read about the rear diff swap.

Is there anything else like sway bars, brakes, etc.?

I'm new to the s30 series 240z...I have extensive knowledge of s13 240sx's but after about 7 years of owning and building one, I sold it and started a 240z project.

Please bare with me, it may take me a while to learn the ins and outs of these cars.

Thanks.

AlexS13, Welcome to HybridZ!

Follow the rules and search a lot and things will be easy for you. This site has a wealth of info and is good to be on as long as you can grow a bit of a thick skin.

The turbo from the Z31 can be used in conjunction with a L28ET turbo manifold if you are building a turbo L6. The Z31 turbo is a water and oil cooled unit and it is said to be more properly sized for an L6 as well as more reliable from the beter cooling.

You could transplant the entire drivetrain into the 240Z... A few members here have transplanted Z31 drivtrains into their Z's. Search for member "Zr8ed" who has a turbo Z31 motor in his beautiful Z.

What year is the Z31? I'd be VERY interested in the diff if it was an 87+ model.

Guest AlexS13

Thanks for the reply guys, the car is actually a '84 50th anniversary model and also has an auto tranny.

I think I'm going to stick with the L24 and leave it NA. I had a sr20det in my 240sx and I loved it but I would like to go a different route this time around.

The front 5 bolt conversion is great to know thanks for the tip John!

I'm mainly looking for things like suspension and brake components that I may be able to interchange for the better.