HybridZ

On the home stretch!!! Need some more help though!

Its a 77 so the tank is already sumped..

Now guru's, introduce me to what I need.

What fuel pump?

What Fuel pressure regulator?

How many fuel lines, fittings, and stuff like that am I looking for?

Honestly guys I hate fuel systems, lines, and all of that stuff. I have a 2000 LS1 fuel rail.. can I keep that or do I have to go blow another wad on some aftermarket fuel rails.. lol.. im so sick of spending money if anyone has noticed.

I think thats about all of the questions I have on that. Thanks.

Just for my super.. super duper enthusiasm about being broke all the time - :mparty:

woot fricken woot

I have a 1978 with a 2000 Trans Am / 6 Speed. Ran 2 rubber fuel lines to the engine. One for fuel one for return. Also the line for the gas tank canister. Put a T in the fuel line, one to the fuel rail the other into a fuel pressure regulator and back to the tank. Got the regulator on e-bay for about $25.00.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282022

If you want, give me a call on 303 541 0616 in the eve. It is difficult doing this non verbally

I used the stock 280ZXT fuel pump and it ran fine from Philly to Orlando and back. You need the 1999 C5 fuel pressure regulator and filter all in one unit. That little thingy on your fuel rail is call a fuel damper or something. It's not a fuel regulator. Also you can flip the fuel rail so that the inlet is on the passenger side. This should save you a few feet of FI hoses. The connectors are all your choice. Autopart store should have the GM quick connectors to barb end that you can use with FI hoses. You will need 4 of them. 3 at the C5 fuel pressure regulator/filter and 1 at the fuel rail. 3 are 3/8 size and 1 is 5/16.

If you want to save some $$$ then you can take the fuel fittings off a junkyard GM whatever and reused them by carefully (the fittings are plastic) removing the factory hard plastic line and using some fuel injection hose. Or just swap to an entire fbody tank like I did so the regulator, pump, etc is all already there. Again would save some $$$ but eliminates the spare tire well if you care.

Cameron