HybridZ

73 240 Is it worth it?

mannyvig

Sorry for making another one of these threads, but I feel like I can trust you guys.

Trying to get into another s30 and having so much fun doing it. I thought I was getting an amazing deal on a 76 with zero rust but before I came with the trailer someone upped the bid and went home with it. After I got the call I immediately found another that caught my eye.

73 s30

The bad-

Interior is in the usual rough shape

Rust on the quarters by the door corner

No keys

Bill of sale only (lost title)

Lots of little dents and dings

And most of the usual crap

Front cover and oil pan leak

The good-

Early L28

Tripple Mikunis

Fires right up

Toyota calipers

Looks amazing from 10 feet

I talked the guy down to $400. I drove it but it soulds like its almost metal to metal on the front brakes. I dont think I should have a huge problem getting the title, but if I do I'll think of it as buying Mikunis and getting a car with it.

I have an 83 NA P79 with a BW 5-speed, r200, cv shafts. Two 76 L28's one with an early 5-speed (both n47s). I also hase the old long tube 6 into 2 race header.

I am pretty sure iI am going to go pick it up today unless anyone here has some good warnings. I know that I can make an awesome car out of it.

What do you think?

By the sounds of it, for the $400 it would be more than worth it as a parts car. Getting a lost title shouldn't be too difficult, but may require the current owner to get the title for you.

I had to go through this with a bike I was given last year, wasn't too difficult, but the guy that owned, as the guy than ran the local MTO office pissed me off, with the transaction. If it was owned by someone else I would have just gone to another MTO location, but my nuts were kinda in a sling over that one. Oh well, it's all dealt with now.

I knew it was a steal right away but was worried cuz the guy was a major tweaker. I think the fact that he was high as a baloon when he signed everything over really worked in my favor though:p. the wiring is a huge mess but a painless kit should do the trick. I already have started to order interior parts from black dragon because if I get the interior nice right away my girlfriend will appreciate that much more.