HybridZ

Need help finding part no. for door hinge

smoorenc

Hi Guys,

I am rebuilding my hinges and I am missing the roller pin and roller pin bushing. Its the pin that the slide bar connected to the spring rolls up against to keep your door open. I can't seen to find the part # or where to get one. Does anyone know? Here is a picture of the roller pin:

rollerpin.jpg

Thanks! Scott

• 3 years later...

Late reply, but just found out these part numbers this week.

Nissan Pins part# 80406-V5002

Nissan Pin Bushings part# 80410-01G00

Or from Advanced Auto Parts: the bushing and pin kit is Dorman part # 38397.

www.mcmaster.com Part# 8491A202 - the roller

Z Tech Tips Rebuilding Door Hinges on 1st Generation Z Car

http://atlanticz.ca/...hinge/index.htm

Hi Guys,

I am rebuilding my hinges and I am missing the roller pin and roller pin bushing. Its the pin that the slide bar connected to the spring rolls up against to keep your door open. I can't seen to find the part # or where to get one. Does anyone know? Here is a picture of the roller pin:

rollerpin.jpg

Thanks! Scott

Edited by jkeese01

Updated to the above posting:

Nissan Pins part# 80406-V5002

Nissan Pin Bushings part# 80410-01G00

Or from Advanced Auto Parts: the bushing and pin kit is Dorman part # 38397.

www.mcmaster.com Part# 8491A202 - the roller

These Pins can not be used as the Roller Pin. Try to reuse the one on the car.

Image of Roller Pin and Stop Arm Pin: Roller Pin Image

Z Tech Tips Rebuilding Door Hinges on 1st Generation Z Car

http://atlanticz.ca/...hinge/index.htm

Edited by jkeese01

• 5 months later...

I know this is kind of bringing this thread back, but I was curious if anyone has fixed their hinges using the Dorman pin/bushing set? I see in the atlanticz.ca link that he mentions using a NAPA part for Nissan trucks but saying it has slack in the bushings/pins and he ended up using the Nissan parts. My driver's door hinges are in serious need of rebuild. I ordered the rollers from mcmaster-carr and I'm trying to figure out if I should order the Nissan parts or just get the Dorman ones.

The Dorman pins are only for attaching the asembly to the frame of the car. The roller pin is totally different. I was not able to find a new roller pin anywhere.

Hopefully you can reuse the roller pin with the new roller from McMaster-Carr.

I know this is kind of bringing this thread back, but I was curious if anyone has fixed their hinges using the Dorman pin/bushing set? I see in the atlanticz.ca link that he mentions using a NAPA part for Nissan trucks but saying it has slack in the bushings/pins and he ended up using the Nissan parts. My driver's door hinges are in serious need of rebuild. I ordered the rollers from mcmaster-carr and I'm trying to figure out if I should order the Nissan parts or just get the Dorman ones.

The Dorman pins are only for attaching the asembly to the frame of the car. The roller pin is totally different. I was not able to find a new roller pin anywhere.

Hopefully you can reuse the roller pin with the new roller from McMaster-Carr.

I was just wondering if these work good and hold tight for holding the hinges together. Like I said in the atlanticz.ca link he mentions there being slack between the bushings and pin when assembled. So I didn't know if this would have the same issue or if these hold tight with little to no play at the pivot point? On my hinges it's the roller that's completely shot and the door is starting to sag. I'll probably go ahead and get a set and see how it works.