HybridZ

Shelby Series 1 Style Hood

Challenger

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=121617&highlight=terry+hood

Heres the one 74_5.0_Z did, and BlueOvalZ has the same style.

I havent found anyone with this style hood that has kept the L6 and the stock front end. Anyone have any ideas on how you could accomplish this with the least amount of cutting? Ive got myself a parts car now so Ill hopefully be experimenting with this.

Obviously youll have to move the top of the radiator forward. Youd also have to make some changes to the fan system. Any other ideas?

This will be for functional purposes so dont say "cut a hole in the hood, your done". :eek:

It is possible with the L6 motor. I investigated this type of hood even before the decision to go with the V8. In essense I would do the same set-up as I currently have except insert a blister in the middle of the vent that would just clear the valve cover. This is what Ford did with the GT40 (original) where the spare tire was located. Ford created a "blister" (in a sorts) around the spare tire which was positioned under the hood at the back half of the vent, which in effect split the upper (rearmost) part of the vent into two halves.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, thats why youd have to tilt the radiator forward.

My idea was to remove the radiator core support and replace it with some kind of tubular supports. It still requires some fab, but alot less then a full tube front end.

I saw this done in japan. The core was removed & there was what looked like a modifed strutbar put in. The car also had what looked like a stock mk1 mr2 radiator

In my opinion, the radiator does not need to be angled forward for this mod to work. The leading edge of the vent is still behind the OEM radiator location, and in reality, the lower part of the radiator being pushed forward would help more than the top part being pushed forward. The ONLY reason I angled the top of the radiator forward was because the new radiator was too tall to set vertically (unless I wanted the lower hose to be just inches off the ground)

• 2 weeks later...