HybridZ

autometer gauge actual size

Wheeler

You should be able to find the dimentions of each guage on the Auto Meter site. The instruction sheet for the actual guages you are looking at should be on there, they used to be anyway.

IIRC the acutal size is smaller for the cut out and it also depends on whether you are using actual panel mount ("dash mount") or using a pedistal mount guage being placed in the dash. The only reason I mention the last part is that I know a few people who have used pedistal mounted guages as a panel mount, myself included.

*edit* Just checked and the installation/instruction sheets are still on the site under "Tech info" and then "Instructional downloads".

• 2 months later...
Shooter,

Did you install a 5" pedistal mount Autometer tach in an S30 dash? I'd love hear any install tips you can offer.

Dan

No I haven't, I haven't really modified my gauges in my 240 yet, except for swapping my Ammeter to a (280Z) volt meter, and swapping the face on my temp/oil pressure gauge to the 280Z face to match the 280Z volt meter face.

I also won't be mounting an Auto Meter tach in the stock location, I have other lans for that.

I know I've seen a few threads on how to mount a Monster tach in the factory location, search through some threads and I'm sure you'll find all the pointers you could need.