HybridZ

Redline oil.

nbesheer

Well i just bought some Redline MT-90 for my 152k NA 5-Speed and I'm just hoping that I got the right one because it's going to be a pain to exchange it since the dealer is kinda far away. I believe I need either MT-90 or MTL it appears that the only different is MT-90 is 75w90 and MTL is 70w80 I currently have cheap fluid.

As I recall, either one should work just fine. The MTL will probably shift a little bit smoother than the MT-90, but the MT-90 will give better protection against shock loading, so it's more appropriate for applications with increased power.

Have used both Redline MTL, and MTL 90 in my s30 5-speeds. Had fluid leakage problems with MTL when I had never had the problem with conventional gear oils, or for that matter MTL 90. The oil loss led to. I believe, premature bearing failure.......took me two transmission rebuilds to figure the problem out. Painful to think about being so slow on the uptake. Am currently using MTL 90 on my extended mileage transmission........and swear by it.....not at it. Regards, John T.