HybridZ

Ramjet motor and clearance

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello. First, I'm very impressed by the posts I've read and am very happy to have found this site. I have been penciling out my project. I have ordered the JTR manual and am going out to look for a rust free 240z on tuesday. I like the ramjet 350 chevy crate motor. I was wondering about hood clearance. If it won't fit under the hood, I would like to see some modified hoods if anyone has em. I consider some hood modifications gastly and want something low key. I could also use advice on exhaust manifolds.

I prowled around the site and haven't found a one stop site for info on updated, electronically controlled guages. I don't have to have a stock looking cluster, it just has to look and work ok. I drove my brothers T56 equipped firebird and liked it just fine so that is the trans. I am leaning towards. icon_biggrin.gif

Jay, welcome to HybridZ!

I'll take a shot at a few of your questions:

RamJet - that puppie does look tall, but don't know. We could get measurements for some of the intake/carb/aircleaner setups people have and you could get in touch with GM Performance Parts and ask what the height off the front of the block at the intake is and we could start there.

Exhaust manifolds. JTR manual has good info on that. But most people just get blcokhugger headers (I recommend getting them ceramic/metallic coated).

Guest Anonymous

I looked at this motor on a web page by Jim Pace performance parts. It shows some of the height dimensions that you will need. The web address is: www.paceparts.com . I think this should fit without any hood modifications. Robert

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the input. I had trouble calling the motor a ramjet at first cause I didn't see much in common with one icon_wink.gif

If the engine fits under the hood, it suits me fine. I didn't mind the fake scoop on my 82 mustang. I don't like the full length tunnel that I've seen on the Zs that have been body modified.

I am still interested in guage packages that work just great with a 350 with a t56 trans.