HybridZ

Need some opinions on difficulty on reparing this rusty area

I almost bought a car the other day, has some rust on the floor boards and what not which didnt bother me, a bad door and other stuff.

The only thing that kept be from buying it is the front lower portion of the fender has had rust eat a small portion of it away. I dont know if there is a easy fix for this or not, but it looks like a real hard place to repair it nicely.

This is a example of where the rust would be Basically about 3 inches long coming fromt the underside of the car, where all teh dirt and junk collects, and it has eaten a small portion, away, maybe 1/4 nich from where the normal crease going orwards the chassis would be. It has it on both sides.

I dont even know what the best way to repair it would be let alone how. My main concern is repairing it to the point to where I wont have to worry about it looking like it was welded in or what not once the car has been painted. I dont plan on usuing sideskirts, just zg flaurs so I cant really cover it up.

Whats your guys opinion on this? It will probably outcome if I buy the car or not.

240zfender.jpg

Um, well that would probably depend on your experience. If you want that to be fixed, and not come back, you will be sanding the paint down, and cutting out the section to replace it. Most of the time a little bit of rust leads to a lot more. When you weld in a patch panel you grind the welds down so it doesn't look like its there.

would be more impressive if I ever finished it instead of going off and buying a 78 dodge colt aka mitsubishi lancer, or a 240z lol

Looks like I foun a much nicer chassis for around the same price, so guess I dont need to worry about this anymore. Should be starting up my apprenticeship pretty soon too finally, maybe I can get this house with a 4 car garage =D