HybridZ

minimum windshield height question?

OlderThanMe

I'm picking up a Datsun Roadster soon and am wondering if anyone knows the minimum windshield height for the DOT.

I'm in GA so they are VERY lax on old cars and don't inspect them at all(My Z..BWAHAHAHA). I just don't want to get pulled over a lot for having a small windshield.

So does anyone know the minimum height if there is one?

Thanks!

OTM

Modify it like the old Healeys with a lay down windshield. YEARs ago in Cal they would measure the height of the glass. The angle didn't count so by laying it down you could be legal driving around with basically no windshield! The did frown if you didn’t have shades.

Lots of cool flares... and a minimal windshield.

I'm probably going to have some kirkey seats in it to sit as low as possible but maybe put my Eclipse seats in it when using the car as a DD.

I have to have wipers to be legal though...

hmm...

Sounds pretty cool Dan. About the only thing the vehicle code said was that you had to have wipers in good, working condition controlled by the driver and that your windshield couldn't be opaque. Does this have anything to do with your "forming clear plastic" thead?