HybridZ

HID Install for the S30's

EvilC

I am going to attempt to make my own HID setup for my 240. Here is a pic of what I have so far.

Picture_0332.jpg

Pic doesn't show the cheapo Ebay H4 lights I bought a few months back. I plan to cut the lights I bought and place the projectors inside of them. Also plan to mod the stock metal head light case so it can hold the entire assembly. Guy, 80-LT1 has given me a few pointers....so I am going to try and make mine "water proof". Any ideas are welcome or if someone knows of a decent "kit" which I doubt there are any let me know.

So I have 2008 BMW HID setup with the Infinity FX35 projectors. My Ebay lights havn't been pulled off the car yet due to the snow we just got yesterday. I will keep you all posted as I try and make this one happen. Then it will be yellow HID fog lights!

Clive

I do plan to trim the projectors down to fit in the new head lights, after I cut them in half and know how much I should take off. I also have to wait until I hear back from Guy because in his picture of his setup, looks like he only had the projectors in there and not the casing the projectors sit in.

Clive

this seems very similar to the projector retrofit that some of my buddies have been doing over at malibuclub.ca

so you are going to mod "stock" head lights so they now have projectors? sweet

one thing that gets me is the wrong use of terms for these. a projector is the reflective housing you have pictures above. an HID system is just the bulb with the ballast that produces the most awesome light ever...

good luck on your project. as for me i am just going to get the cheapo lights that are on ebay for our cars and just throw the HIDs in there.

as for me i am just going to get the cheapo lights that are on ebay for our cars and just throw the HIDs in there.

I've seen them.... they are the ones that blind on coming drivers, and light up the tops of all the trees in their path.

With out a proper HID projector housing, they are poo-poo IMHO... sorry :oops:

I've seen them.... they are the ones that blind on coming drivers, and light up the tops of all the trees in their path.

With out a proper HID projector housing, they are poo-poo IMHO... sorry :oops:

Ditto! Not only that but you wont get the effect you want out of a $25 housing. Sorry but there really is no cheap or easy way to have HID's/Projector lights.