HybridZ

wheelies on launch?

intuitdriver

My seemingly non-technical question actually serves a technical purpose which is why I posted it in here. Anyway this is my first post in a LONNNGG time. Normally i just troll around sucking up you guys information like a sponge. ANYWAY to the question....

How many of you guys actually get the front of the ground with your l28e/et during a racing launch? If you guys have, please tell me what kind of power your motor makes and what your setup is like. I am still throwing around ideas for a very high powered l28et (still not sure what hp I am aiming for) and want to know a little about how my ZX might act out on the strip and im curious to see what it takes in the motor/drivetrain area to get one off the ground.

Sorry if all this seems vague but your input would help alot.

The trailing arm suspension on your zx is very similar to the one in my 510 and I think your more liable to scoop asphalt with the rear bumper than bring the front wheels off the ground.The rear trailing arms tend to "toe" out on launch and don`t work quite as well as a z cars A arms on a drag launch.

For horsepower at the rear wheels you will need at least 350bhp and 400 would be better. As for drivetrain it must be able to handle 400bhp. This includes the clutch. Finally, don't forget that you need TOTAL traction during the launch, which requires drag slicks that are wide enough to maintain adhesion.