HybridZ

Shift Light Question

jgkurz

Hi Folks,

I think I made a mistake by purchasing the wrong shift light. My EFI can be used to trigger a shift light so I thought I'd buy this light. It is a 12V light that seems to work well enough in my testing. I haven't installed it yet but I have modified the mount enough that it's not returnable. It's also not overly bright. After more reading it's really designed to ONLY be a warning light for things like low oil pressure.

3239light_thumb.jpg

I've since learned that the below light is meant specifically for use as a shift light. It supposedly has better response than the light I purchased. Are any of you using either of these lights that you could comment on how you like them?

5330light_thumb.jpg

Both of those lights require something to trigger them. Most people use an RPM activated switch, also available from Auto Meter or MSD.

If by "My EFI is capable if triggering", you mean that it has a shift light output, you may need to use a relay or transistor circuit to bump the current capabilities of the output higher to turn the light on.