HybridZ

Finding S30's East of The Mississippi?

OR-JO

So it's apparent I may be relocating from Portland, OR to Boston, MA.

I haven't worked out the exact details of the move, but it's possible the current 280z project will not be making the trip. I don't have too much money into it at this point, and the shipping costs don't seem to make sense. I figured, for the money it would cost to ship I could come out ahead by "starting over" with a new project on the East Coast.

Accept for the fact I'm not finding much of any Datsun, Z, ZX, 280z, 240z, or 260z listing on East Coast area Craigslist.

My question to you East Coasters:

Are there any remaining S30 projects to be had...or have they all succumb to rust?

Can I assume Z's East of the 'ssippi to fetch mo'dough from out of their perceived rarity?

Where's a good spot to find these rides?

Thanks.

All the good S30s seem to be either West or South.

Mine is coming from Washington (the state), finaly on it's way.

Any of the S30s that I had seen listed on the east coast or close to seem to be rot boxes, and are good for nothing more than parts or donor cars.

The S30s that seem to be in good shape in the east are either already restored or rare finds, both of which seem to pull a premium.

I'm not saying that you won't be able to find something east, but you may have to turn some rocks and wait a while.

Your definition of a good starter vehicle on the East coast is in a direct relationship with your wallet. There are good cars on the East coast but they are more expensive than comparable cars from the SW or West coast because of rust. You may not be paying to ship the car, you may be paying for the convenience of having a rust free restorable shell on the East coast.