HybridZ

Add another to the running LSX Swaps!!!

After a VERY long day today.. we have FIRE!!!

th_DSCN0562.jpg

The actions of a VERY VERY VERY happy LS1 Z owner hearing his car make noise for the very first time!!!

th_DSCN0561.jpg

Excuse the laughing, but wow... talk about a rush :D

All my problems today were caused by a Starter that wasnt hitting the flywheel, all because of a "flexplate adapter" that was already on the engine -

DSCN0556.jpg

After Great Success!!

DSCN0557.jpg

Had to take the engine and tranny out and seperate them, do the usual get mad and whine, put it all back together and in, and about 12:30 tonight it fired! Sweet!!! Wont stay running though, waiting on a couple of sensors to try tommorow, currently do not have a MAP, IAT, and O2 sensors.. just wanted to see it make noise though :D

Gotta get my buddy over here with his HPtuners because I believe the VATS system is still on. The way it shuts off so fast and so clean hints towards that.

The level of excitement is pretty crazy, it makes all that work worth it.

Gotta get my buddy over here with his HPtuners because I believe the VATS system is still on. The way it shuts off so fast and so clean hints towards that.

The level of excitement is pretty crazy, it makes all that work worth it.

I was wondering that too, since it doesn't stumble or choke out. Congrats on the startup, though!

VATS wasnt on? Hmm.. time to start troubleshooting.

I dont have an alternator on right now, and I dont have a MAP sensor on yet, do you guys think those two things would kill the engine that fast? The code im getting for what I believe is the alternator, is saying its a Terminal L code? P1637?

Anyone ?

You think the fuel pressure would shut it off that quick? I was told I could run the stock fuel pump for a little while, thats what im running..

I dont have a FPR yet so I have no way of exactly knowing how much fuel pressure I have.. fuel pump is running though. Maybe hard wire it and see if that makes a difference? I cant tell if its running while the car starts and runs for the half second, but it does turn on and shut off with the relay.

I wouldn't doubt it would shut it off that quick...The stock datsun pump probably put out around 15 psi...the ls1 needs 60psi. That 15psi you might have at the rail drops instantly when you fire it up and is probably starving the injectors.