HybridZ

CRX Motor Swap

Guest Sick_Boy13

The B16 seems to be one of the best swaps imo, simple because

A) it's cheap

B) has enough HP for most guys (puts the car well into the 14's)

C) is lots of fun

I've driven TOO MANY hondas for my liking, but I'd say of all of them I've driven I love the B16 the most. Sure it doesn't have as much torque and overal power as most of the motors out there, but it revs and feels unlike any other honda motor. With a good high ratio trans w/LSD it can transform the CRX into something else entirely, and it'll still get 35+mpg even driving like a bat out of hell.

It's all about prefference and what the goals are though. If 160-200hp in a 2100 pound car is enough I'd go B16 all the way.

Oh, and in my experience a L28ET has just as much, if not MORE budget HP availble than any honda motor. Sure there's guys in big company sponsored drag cars pushing insane HP numbers, but I'm talking about motors you actually see on the street. How many honda guys are putting over 400hp to the wheels and can claim they actually built the motor themselves?

For such an old engine the L series ain't THAT bad guys.

People had commented jokingly that if he wanted lots of power hed put in a L motor. He was just pointing out that its sad that most 4cyl hondas can make power alot easier than an L series.

In HP maybe... hard to match the torque of a L28et... especially in the low rpm range. Most Hondas have got nothing below 5k LOL