HybridZ

Do all r200 diff covers have the same bolt pattern around the circumference?

Guest 280ZForce

Guest 280ZForce

I'm trying to find a finned cover for my r200 clsd i got from a 87 300zxt. I sold the cover couple years back in order to use the stock cover mount and I needed the money.

Now I have a mount for clearing the finned cover, I can special order one from the dealer, but I've also been looking at the GReddy r200 finned cover, which increase the capacity of oil by 0.7L (900cc)...

BUT....

my question is do all r200 cover bolt up around the outside edges of the cover the same in order for me to use this cover? I can deal w/ the middle spacing being different.

GReddy says they have r200 finned covers for:

14520401 1994 - 1998 Nissan 200SX (Non-US) (S14) L4 2.0L SR20DET

2000 - 2002 Nissan 200SX (Non-US) (S15) L4 2.0L SR20DET

1995 - 1998 Nissan 240SX (S14) L4 2.4L KA24DE

1994 - 1998 Nissan Silvia all trims

1999 - 2002 Nissan Silvia all trims

4212-l.jpg

1014.jpg

Thanks - Justin

I bought one of those (might be a knock off though) and it has a different bolt spacing than the regular R200 we use. It fit the Alum mustash bar perfect that we had a group buy on a couple years back for the Q45 diff. I tried it on a R200 bar and it did not fit.

So, long story short, the cover I have like that only fits the Q45 bolt spacing..

Can't say if they make them in more than one bolt spacing...

Guest 280ZForce
I bought one of those (might be a knock off though) and it has a different bolt spacing than the regular R200 we use. It fit the Alum mustash bar perfect that we had a group buy on a couple years back for the Q45 diff. I tried it on a R200 bar and it did not fit.

So, long story short, the cover I have like that only fits the Q45 bolt spacing..

Can't say if they make them in more than one bolt spacing...

I'm more so meaning how they bolt up to the diff, around the circumference of the cover being the same or not.

but good to know on the mustache bar mounting too.

Guest 280ZForce
I bought one of those (might be a knock off though)

are you using this knock off piece now or do you still have it? any good?

what rear end you running now? I know I bought my r200 clsd from you couple years back via ebay.

are you using this knock off piece now or do you still have it? any good?

what rear end you running now? I know I bought my r200 clsd from you couple years back via ebay.

I have it still but have never used it. I discovered the bolt spacing by accident after receiving the new 1/2" alum mustash bar a member here made during a group buy. It appears to be a course casting, but other wise looks to be a good deep rear cover.

I'm running the 88SS VLSD (Thagard axle mod) with the oem finned rear cover.

I remember a fellow Z person telling me he looked into this and told me the short and long R200 covers have the same mounting pattern on the differential itself (but not to the mustache bar). I have not verified his claim though.

One other difference I've noticed between short nose and long nose covers is that the 8 retaining bolts are bigger on the short nose. Can't remember the exact size but let's say if they're M8 on the long nose then they're M10 on the short nose. Upshot is putting a short nose cover on a long nose is a potential for cover movement. Easy fix is some bushes in the cover holes to take up the slack.

Cheers,

Rob

First time I've seen one of those diff cover's :P They look pretty nice although It would be nice if they had some oil return/feed nipples built on them for installing an diff cooling system

I hear you, but that could be solved easily... have some alum AN bungs welded on... :D

Or, I guess the bottom hole could be used for supply, and the top port for return...

dcp0766ur7.th.jpg

dcp0765ns4.th.jpg

Guest 280ZForce
First time I've seen one of those diff cover's :P They look pretty nice although It would be nice if they had some oil return/feed nipples built on them for installing an diff cooling system

The GReddy unit comes w/ an integrated 3/8" pt port that can be used for external coolers.