HybridZ

Electric fan help

I have a 3 core radiator, measuring 15" tall by 22" wide. Not sure where it is, but I'm pretty sure it's not the stock Z radiator. I have two POS electric fans on there that my friend installed, but they are restricting more air than they are moving.

I've been on Summit's site trying to find a good fan (or pair of fans) for it, but the choices are daunting.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=electric+fan+15+in+diameter&x=0&y=0&searchinresults=false&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=700+4294924500+115

I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation that I could make work, hopefully w/o a shroud...

Thanks!

the taurus fan can be found easily and for cheap, probabily less than 30 dollars.. its a 2speed fan, its fairly quiet, pulls a lot of air, and its easy to set up. however it does hav a shroud, but i would recommend keeping and modifying the shroud to fit the radiator... see also the thread above, good info there...

cheers~

Thanks for the replies, and for the link to the thread. Lots of good info.

Is this the one I need?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Taurus-2-speed-electric-fan-Mustang-4X4-4500CFM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33600QQihZ003QQitemZ130203590356QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Also, where's the best place to get a relay for it? I simply do not have the time to go to the junkyard and find one.

• 1 year later...