HybridZ

Scales in the bay area?

Gollum

Hey, I've got some free time this weekend (unusual) and wanted to see if I could find a place to weigh my 280Z. Anyone know of anywhere in the easy bay? I'll also be down in san leandro saturday morning/early afternoon, so pretty much anywhere around there up to fairfield is a reachable area for me.

I know some of you guys go to truck scales, but:

A) I don't trust them, as they're measureing giant multi ton vehicles

B) The highway scales here frown upon cars comming in and normally tell them to leave.

C) Possibly the biggest factor, I'm not the most outgoing person and would feel awkward telling a truck scale to weigh my car for no real reason.

So does anyone know of someone in the bay that does car specific weighing or has some wheel scales? I'd really like to get a 4 point weight of my car now before doing anything to it.

yep. off delacruz blvd, there's a street called Roberts in San Jose, by the airport. The street loops, but at the bottom of the loop there's a recycling yard, and an accurate scale (within 20 lbs) on the sidewalk. pull up in hte evening, it's pretty clear, and readout is across the street in a booth window.

DSCN6644_Medium.jpg

In the pic, hte bmw is on t he scales

map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=robert+ave,+san+jose,+ca&sll=37.36545,-121.941204&sspn=0.020704,0.04549&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=addr

Thanks for the input guys. I didn't realise the scales on I-80 were public, I work less than 2 miles from there.

They also have a scale at my work they convinced me to try. I work at a precast concrete company and they have scales for their trucks.

So i'll try that out, see if the numbers add up. I'd really prefer full four corner weights though. I guess beggers can't be choosers. ;)