HybridZ

Spare Tire Well Differences: 70-78

Challenger

I was just wondering what changed throughout the years of the s30? Or did anything change, besides the raised floors?

Im going to be making myself a sub enclosure in the spare tire well and was considering making a few to sell...

Ive got a 74.5 260z I could use for a mold. (cut out the spare tire well)

Thanks

• Administrators

’70-76 had the deep well, and as far as I know, is the same shape, mold etc. ’77-’78 is a MUCH shallower spare tire well. I can go out and take exact depth measurements with pics of the depth measurements but it will cost you. gnam.gif

(We just happen to have an early ’70, a ’72, a ‘73’ early a ’74, a ’75, a ’76, a couple ’77, a couple ’78 cars in various conditions behind and in the shop currently.)

’75-’76 deep spare tire well and full size spare tire

75-76deepspareMedium.jpg

’77-’78 false rear floor with shallow spare tire well/space saver tire

77-789falsefloorMedium.jpg

I test fitted three of my 12 inch mtx subs in the wheel well of my 75 280z, and they fit perfectly, to go with the subs is my 800 watt interfire amp. I will post pics when I start that part of my project....but for now its body work, and painting. ......yay

I was just wondering what changed throughout the years of the s30? Or did anything change, besides the raised floors?

Im going to be making myself a sub enclosure in the spare tire well and was considering making a few to sell...

Ive got a 74.5 260z I could use for a mold. (cut out the spare tire well)

Thanks

Fuel tank changed for the 76.5~78's. You would have to change it to an earlier year to put in full sized spare tire well.