HybridZ

Need some help with rear end definitions

TheNick

Ok so I'm not a moron - I just don't operate well without pictures. There are a ton of vocabulary words thrown around here that everyone seems to know but me. The plan is for an open 3.9 R200 out of an 87 NA Z31 with an OBX LSD. I have no problems with the differential stuff. What I can't figure out is the name of things from the diff to the rear hubs. Here is what I'm assuming I will need to make this happen:

Follow in order of assembly from diff to hub

R200 - Z31T axles - MM CV conversion package (aka companion flange) - hub - MM 5lug stub axles (not necessary but have all Cobra brakes/wheels)

Am I missing anything? I feel like I'm missing something inbetween the axles and the R200.

Thanks guys

Nick

You've got it. The CV axle plugs into the differential on that side and bolts to the companion flange which MM makes on the other side. You didn't list wheel bearings and seals, the spacer inside the strut housing, and the stub axle nut. I'd get some 280ZXT stub axle nuts as they'll be easier to remove should you ever have to replace the wheel bearings again.

No, but you can get them from Nissan and I think maybe that Ross sends them with his companion flanges, so you might not need to buy them separately.

I have MM's Z31 companion flanges and they did come with stub axle nuts and the hardware to bolt the companion flanges to the stub axles.

Have you also considered buying the MM billet stub axles? I got those as well. Took forever to get them, but seem to be worth the wait.

Tom

• 2 years later...