HybridZ

Output internal MAP to be used by Innovate datalogger?

hughdogz

I want to use a Wolf output to output the MAP signal so that it can be datalogged.

Is there a way through either Wolf's General purpose output or the multi-controller output to output a 0-5V signal that can be used by an Innovate datalogger?

I'm planning on using an LM-1 and an LMA-2 rpm converter hooked up to the Wolf to do my initial tuning, and install a more robust, permanent data logging setup (sensors and gages) at a later time...

At minimum, I need to log load% (MAP), RPM and AFR.

Thanks, -hughdogz

• Administrators

Hugh,

I'm not aware of any easy/direct way to do that.

Two options are to use an external MAP and either use it for Wolf's load sensor, or correlate the internal to the external.

Master Ron, thanks for the advice! :icon14:

I have an LMA-3 I can use as an external MAP. It shouldn't be too difficult to figure out how to correlate the two MAP sensors.

I just need to install the LMA-3 and tee the manifold pressure signal.

Good times! ;)

Hugh, before you expend too much energy in this endeavor, I would seriously look at Wolf's logging capabilties for their input channels. I tried logging my knock sensor as well as AFR voltage from my O2 sensor and Wolf could log the individual channels. I could never get it to show me the data.

Hi Bo,

Maybe I'm reading your reply wrong (or vice-versa)....

I'm hoping to use Innovate as the only data logger, and not get into any Wolf data logging. Plus, I didn't upgrade to the newer V500 that supports better datalogging, etc. (we know Wolf datalogging is weak, but the EMS control is incredible)

I'm going to try to follow in your footsteps :hail:and use the spreadsheet method (or maybe Logworks2) to determine the new injector opening time based on lambda AFR.

I really appreciate all your guys' support! :)

I'm getting so close (yet I'm still so far) that it hurts! lol. :willy_nil

Hugh, before you expend too much energy in this endeavor, I would seriously look at Wolf's logging capabilties for their input channels. I tried logging my knock sensor as well as AFR voltage from my O2 sensor and Wolf could log the individual channels. I could never get it to show me the data.

If you have an LMA-3, you do not need the Wolf MAP signal. I was looking at doing exactly what you want to do when I had just the LC-1, except I wanted the RPM signal as well.

The LMA-3 has both RPM and MAP, so you will not need the LMA-2 RPM converter.

I use Logworks to calculate my new injector opening times based on the fuel map and measured AFRs. I can share the formula in Logworks that I use.

I want to use a Wolf output to output the MAP signal so that it can be datalogged.

Is there a way through either Wolf's General purpose output or the multi-controller output to output a 0-5V signal that can be used by an Innovate datalogger?

I'm planning on using an LM-1 and an LMA-2 rpm converter hooked up to the Wolf to do my initial tuning, and install a more robust, permanent data logging setup (sensors and gages) at a later time...

At minimum, I need to log load% (MAP), RPM and AFR.

Thanks, -hughdogz

I used an external GM 2 bar map sensor and configured the wolf to read it.

I use the sensor output, and ground signal to feed the innovate and also hooked up The taco output from the wolf to feed log works. Hope this helps

:lmao:Haha! Good one Careless. You got me...I looked back at my post and you're right racecar was spelled backwards!

My favorite is "Mad Dog" spelled backwards. Every time I took a slug off our shoplifted Mad Dog 20 / 20's in high school, I'd say the name backwards, lol. :weird:

• 2 weeks later...