HybridZ

I need feedback guys!

Z-Dreamer

As per a previous post, how much power/torque do you think a R180 IRS can take safely? I purchased a 86 Nissan 4x4 pickup and have discovered that it has a R180 LSD with 4.? gears in the front diff! It would be nice to run this my Z if possible. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

------------------

" Now where did I set my beer? "

[This message has been edited by Z-Dreamer (edited December 08, 2000).]

Guest Anonymous

is it possible to switch the innerds of the solid axle to the irs? i would think so but i would half to look at them next time i visit the junk yard. if it is possible, then do the trucks have the same gear size for the r200 also. i would like to swap the innerds on mine to a lsd unit but would like a 3.36.

Guest Anonymous

Everyone,

Doesn't a front diff. spin the wrong way? Would a gear change solve this problem?

Glenn

P.S. I would have to be sceptical that a front diff. came stock with a L.S.D. It seems that it would realy hurt your ability to turn. If it is for real I'd bet that the brakeaway torque would be low for steering purposely.

I was referring to the front diff. It's an independent front suspension and yes I'm interested in using the "Innards" (third member,LSD, gears). If it can be done, then the question is, is it worth it? I did notice that the stub axles look bigger and it has CV joints. Thanks for the quick responses, keep'em coming smile.gif

Mark

------------------

" Now where did I set my beer? "

[This message has been edited by Z-Dreamer (edited December 08, 2000).]