HybridZ

finally getting it started.

Hello everybody,

I have had my car for about 10 years. I have done all the suspension mods and other small things but never and paint or fine details( to busy running canyons and playing with car) with the car. So I am knee deep in parts bth new and old, so far I have ripped off all of the suspension to have it powder coated, I found a 2.8 with about 60-70k on it, I am replacing all of the braking components ( nothing crazy just the yota 4 pistons and some cross and slotted rotors)

The car is a 1973 240Z I am the second owner of this car, I have all O.G paperwork and even the original tag from the first year of registration still

on the plate. this car is in no way considered stock anymore, i have a long list of mods that have been performed and I am about to add another list of parts. I will post some more pics when I get a chance.

Ronnie

http://www.putfile.com/techron

techron

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Valencia, CA its next to Magic Mountain. I was looking at upping the 2.8 to a 3.2 ltr its not as expensive as I thought it was going to be. i have time with the motor cause its not at my house yet. I really need to take my time with all of the small things, brake lines, nuts bolts, grommets and things like that, I am not looking to make it factory clean but I need to know that its there for me.

i will post some more pics later. I just got my front end back from the powder coater it looks sick!!!!!!

Ronnie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well its has been a couple of months but my collection of parts is bigger and now I have some more time to get my Z on the road again!! I got all of the suspension back from the powder coater and it looks brand new! I also decided to replace the poly bushings with new poly bushings since I had it all apart anyway, I got some parts from AZC and all I have to say is WOW!! it all looks so damn good in the box but it will look even better under my car. I should be getting back to work this week so I will post more pic's later this week.

Ronnie

• 9 months later...

Soooo!! I finally got everything powder coated all I need now is to have some bolts cleaned up before i start my assembly. can any one point me in the right direction? I would love to make it to the show this year!!!! I am lazy and unmotivated but everything looks so good cleaned up and I know that when I start to put it back together it is going to be awesome.

Will post pics of all the new stuff in a couple mins.

here are the pics of some of the new parts and some more of the powder coated parts. my color scheme for the suspensions and most of the bottom of the car will be black, red and yellow. any of the AZC plain aluminum parts are getting anodized black this week. let me know what you guys think!!!

Ronnie

Oh the wheels are custom by Boyd Coddington. kinda dusty cause they have not seen the light of day for almost 1 year. I have a couple more parts that I have to get out of storage but I will post pics of the black ano parts when I get them back next week.

100_0493_thumb.JPG

100_0494_thumb.JPG

100_0495_thumb.JPG

100_0496_thumb.JPG

100_0497_thumb.JPG