HybridZ

finally getting it started.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so out off all the crazy questions that get answer in this forum you guys mean to tell me that nobody knows where to send my nut's and bolt's to get replated cleaned up? nothing Please somebody give me some direction to look maybe even replacing them! I wanna have this thing on the road for the show in April.

Not sure where you can buy one (maybe MSA sells one?) but you might be able to find one here in the b/s/t. Personally I would just make one that just mounts between the rear shock towers.

For harness to be properly safe it needs to be to mounted to a crossbar/harness bars that are incorporated into a welded in cage. Just my personal opinion but cages and harnesses should be for track cars only, seen too many injuries and deaths related to improper use of them in street cars.

• 4 weeks later...

This is it!!! I will have my Z back on the ground by Sunday. the only yhing left to do is mount all the suspension and bleed the brake system. I have a couple more mods to perform but i can take my time doing them once the car is able to be rolled around. I will post pics of the progress tomorrow.

Ronnie

It took a little longer then we thought it would take because of some sandin we had to do on some of the powder coated parts that needed to have some clearance for bushing sleeves and some bolts. thanks to some my buddy Brian and my new friend Will my Z is almost ready to hit the ground rolling!!!

As you guys can see in the pics I only have to throw the brakes together and put the steering rack back in the car and it will be ready to take to the shop for the installation of the AZC camber plates.

100_0573_thumb.JPG

100_0574_thumb.JPG

100_0575_thumb.JPG

100_0617_thumb.JPG

100_0618_thumb.JPG

need help guys!! how do I adjust my drum brakes? everything is assembled on the drums, new springs pins pads. I am not sure of exactly what to look for as far as pad clearance or setting the e-brake.

Will post pics of the progress when I get the brakes bled and the wheels are about to hit the driveway!!

Ronnie

I forgot how good it feels to drive this car!! I put it back on the ground earlier and had to look at t for a while because it had been so long since I have seen it at ground level next to another car. DAMN IT IS LOW!!!! anyway I took some pics of it on the ground.

I still need to put the new camber kit from AZC and paint the poor thing. I threw in a pic of how bad it looked under there before I cleaned it all up, i think it is pretty amazing. but it will get even better over the next couple of weeks.

the side shot is pretty good because you can actually see most of the powder coated red suspension and the calipers pop out from behind the wheels perfectly.

car_thumb.JPG

100_0621_thumb.JPG

100_0620_thumb.JPG

100_0619_thumb.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Got it on the ground last week!! have only been able to drive it once because of the brake issue's i was having with this beast for a couple of days. I would love to get my MSD 6AL to work now!! anybody have any good wiring diagrams or recommendations of where to look to make this easy for me? also my tach used to work but was disconnected after I removed my MSD (it blew up a couple years back) and ow it is dead. any ideas on this?

Ronnie

• 11 months later...

Sooooo its been a while!! I have been busy working and working and messing with my M3 for the past couple of month's so my Z has been on the back burner. I finally bought the Holley 390 and installed the kit from ArizonaZCar.com and I absolutely love it! I had the S.U carbs out and the Holley in and running in about 2 hours total. turned the key the first time and "POW" it fired up and was almost perfect except for some quick adjustment to timing and idle speed. I have been driving it now for about 4 days and it runs so damn smooth that I question myself for waiting so long to do this to my car. Now all I have to do is finish building up my other motor and I might actually have some power to go beat up on my buddy and his worked over VW bug.

extremely nice looking car.

you should paint your headlight buckets black to match your air dam and hood, In my hipster opinion they look really clean that way, and maybe the wheels could use 10mm spacer or so ,but all the work you put into this thing is remarkable! Looks great!

extremely nice looking car.

you should paint your headlight buckets black to match your air dam and hood, In my hipster opinion they look really clean that way, and maybe the wheels could use 10mm spacer or so ,but all the work you put into this thing is remarkable! Looks great!

Thank you very much!! About the wheel spacing I am going to get a set of adjustable arms to push the wheels out a little more so it sits flush at the fender. Maybe get the Techno Toy Tuning arms or some other brand thats works on my car and on my pocket.