HybridZ

How-to: Super-edit mode!

hughdogz

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but I thought I'd share...

Once in awhile I see members asking the admins (or admins asking the member) to edit the title of their thread.

It is possible to edit your own title, delete your message, or add smileys by going into what I call Super - edit mode.

You can edit your post within 24 hours of the post and:

• After pressing the edit button, you can only edit the message text
  • Press the edit button again (the second edit button) and voila! There are a lot more options.

Later! -hughdogz

ps: if this is old news, I know how to delete it! LOL...

This sounds interesting.. this is the post of me trying. :D

[edit] When I go into "super edit mode" it just enables the advanced mode. I don't see any options for deleting an individual post.

I know the mod functions with vbulletin shows a "delete post" button when you click edit, or you can check next to the post and go to the bottom of the page and select "delete post" in the drop down menu.. But I see neither option in this super edit mode. Maybe I'm just used to the easy way, lol.

[edit] When I go into "super edit mode" it just enables the advanced mode. I don't see any options for deleting an individual post.

I know the mod functions with vbulletin shows a "delete post" button when you click edit, or you can check next to the post and go to the bottom of the page and select "delete post" in the drop down menu.. But I see neither option in this super edit mode. Maybe I'm just used to the easy way, lol.

This is bizzare. Now I tried to delete one of my last 24 hour posts and I can't see the delete post option under advanced mode (or super-edit ;oP)

If someone replies or views your thread, you cannot delete it anymore?

Meh...I feel like a donkey now, LOL! :malebitch

Guest 280ZForce
It is[/i'] possible to edit your own title, delete your message, or add smileys by going into what I call

In advanced mode, you can edit the title... BUT... it only edits the title that you see in the actual thread when you are viewing the thread, NOT the title you see in the forum list.

Okay, I think I know why I was so confused. When you create a thread in one of the "conventional" forums, even the the advanced edit capabilites are limited.

But, when you edit your project page thread, you have more options since you are kind of the admin to your project thread. i.e. delete post is an option

That's probably why I see the delete post option in the advanced options sometimes but not others.

Over a year has gone by of me being a member and I still haven't figured out all the in's and out's yet.

*you guys crack me up*