HybridZ

Just when the z's running well...

X64v

I get rear ended. It actually happened about a month ago, I just have been too bummed about it to post until now. I was in traffic, big curb on the right, bumper-to-bumper cars on the left, and stopped cars in front of me, trapped like a rat. An old lady in a Focus didn't slow down quickly enough. The damage:

100_1234.jpg

100_1235.jpg

It's not obvious in the picture, but the tail lights point inward at each other now.

There were no injuries, and my tail lights made it through okay, but the z's a little worse for wear. No suspension or drivetrain damage thankfully, but the hatch is jammed shut, and the gas tank leaks over 3/4 full (I'm just thinking a vent line got cut).

Her insurance is taking care of it, but it's still been a major bummer.

At least she had insurance.

A while back I was rear ended on I-5 during rush hour in LA. I was the lead car in a 3 car accident. The driver of the rear car fled on foot and abandoned his vehicle in the middle of the freeway during rush hour. My insurance paid for the repair, but they should not have had to.

I got rear ended in my z last year, I know how you feel man, it sucks.

In my opinion the stock brake lights on 240's are awful in terms of brightness. For you guys that daily drive your cars, you should consider LED's or a "higher" inside glass 3rd brake light as long as it doesn't look cheesy.

Tom

• 10 months later...

:mparty:

It's been almost a year now, but the z is finally going to the body shop on Monday!! The whole rear end will be fixed (sans bumper mounts) and I'm having them replace the rusted-out dog legs in front of the rear tires as well. I'll finally be able to fill the tank up all the way so I don't have to take extra gas with me to the Auto-X anymore.

:willy_nil:willy_nil:willy_nil:willy_nil