HybridZ

thinking about buying a hx35w

cholag

the turbo is used and has unknown milage absolutly no shaft play and doesnt look half bad.the guy wants $200 for it, i want to buy it but i really dont feel like putting and external waste gate on the car. so do you think the stock waste gate will clear the side wall of the car?

0401081516_thumb.jpg

0401081517_thumb.jpg

0401081517a_thumb.jpg

0401081518_thumb.jpg

0401081519_thumb.jpg

Yes I understand that and I was going to buy one. But I bought the turbo today and am very happy with my purchase but i think the turbo was run a little harder then it should have. Because of the discoloration of the turbine housing. What do you guys think?

Oh and I also went to the junk yard today and got a N42 intake for $20, so i am very happy at this moment.

• 3 months later...

So how are you dealing with the issue of the HX35w hitting the maniful? Are you getting a spacer? Also, how are u dealing with the waste gate issue?

Other folks using this turbo mention trying to make this spacer work by welding it to the turbo maniful.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-TO-T3-ADAPTER-FLANGE-WITH-WASTEGATE-FLANGE_W0QQitemZ370072113439QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item370072113439&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

I don't like welding stuff but if it comes down to it I may have to.

the turbo is used and has unknown milage absolutly no shaft play and doesnt look half bad.the guy wants $200 for it, i want to buy it but i really dont feel like putting and external waste gate on the car. so do you think the stock waste gate will clear the side wall of the car?

I didn't know I needed a spacer when I first got it back in April, I just found out recently I needed one. So I bought that exact spacer and I removed my stock waste gate and had a shop weld it shut, I will be running a 38mm external waste gate. But for the spacer I gave it to my friends dad who works for ford to weld it up for me and I should have it back soon, I will post pics of it when I get it back, if you would like to see how it turned out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Any pictures yet? I will be running the same turbo on my 240Z. Still have plenty to go but making the turbo fit is a huge part.

I didn't know I needed a spacer when I first got it back in April, I just found out recently I needed one. So I bought that exact spacer and I removed my stock waste gate and had a shop weld it shut, I will be running a 38mm external waste gate. But for the spacer I gave it to my friends dad who works for ford to weld it up for me and I should have it back soon, I will post pics of it when I get it back, if you would like to see how it turned out.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the long wait but I hope these pictures help you out, my friends dad who welded it told me, it was quite the job he had to heat the manifold weld a little bit, then heat again then weld again, but he did say that it was cracking a little but he was able to fix and save the manifold. Also the paint is not a grey primer, its header paint the weld started to rust so I lightly wire wheeled it then just sprayed it. Also there is a couple pics of it mounted to the motor, I finished the motor a couple months ago and I am real close to dropping her in, I cant wait!

0923081308_thumb.jpg

0923081308a_thumb.jpg

0923081308b_thumb.jpg

0812081548_01_thumb.jpg

0814081109a_01_thumb.jpg

0814081109b_01_thumb.jpg

Wow, that looks great! Thanks for posting the pics!

Did you have to clock the turbo? Mine faces down and I kind of want it to face towards the drivers wheel panel like yours. Let us know if you have any fitting issues with the waste gate or the turbo hitting the chassis or drive wheel column thingy.