HybridZ

Aftermarket T-5 Shifter?

Sean 83ZXT

I've heard that the best shifter (not sure if this is the best for dragging, road racing, or street) is the Pro 5.0 shifter. They're made for the T-5 (not sure about the ZXT one, but it ought to be the same?), the Tremec TR-3550 and TKO, and a few others, maybe even the T-56.

I know that I've heard that the B&M one rattles alot, if that matters.

[This message has been edited by pparaska (edited February 10, 2001).]

Correct - the Pro 5.0 shifter and the shifters done by Steeda are some of th ebest T5 shifters out there. Same with the Tremec - go Pro 5.0 I'm told. The Hurst isn't bad but I'd not pay much for it smile.gif As for working on a Datsun T5 - I'm not sure. If you've got any Mustang friends ask to borrow their old stock shifter and see if it fits - if it does then the aftermarket one shoud too...

Any T5 shifter will work. You can usually pick them up on a mustang site used for $100 or so. I like the steeda best of the shifters I have a felt but it is considerably louder.

JT

------------------

1978 280z with 280zx turbo motor. Big turbo, big intercooler, and alotta boost. :) 8.4 @ 90 1/8 mile with a bad bad traction problem.

1994 Mustang Cobra with a few mods.....

http://turbotaylor.homestead.com/files/index.html