HybridZ

Anyone have a R32/R33 CAS for borrow/rent?

Booztd 3

Guys

My car WILL NOT fire on cyl 4, and I've troubleshooted just about every last thing I can think of. I see the injector pulsing on the AEM software, however the cylinder still isnt firing, and I have verified I have compression and spark. The CAS is what tells the AEM when to fire the injector and I'm wondering if my CAS is going bad, and telling the AEM to fire the injector at the wrong time.

That being said, does anyone have an R32/R333 CAS that I could borrow for this test?

Thanks

gremlins those sly lil buggers ;) did it get wet lately? i had a problem with one of my sensors having a bit of condinsation in it and it got on the wheel kinda covering some of the windows making it run like crap. I took it apart and found the water, dried it out and ran like a top

• 2 weeks later...

I had an issue when I got my car running with the engine running on 5 or 4 cyls depending how you looked at it, turned out that the injectors weren't firing sometimes.. after swapping injectors watching the ECU's injector driver with an o-scope etc the issue turned out to be in the wiring harness itself.

The female ecu pins in the ecu plug on the harness were very loose for many of the pins, especially the injectors, so depending how the ecu was sitting at the time the car would run well or wouldn't. I ended up pulling every pin and just checking them to see how snug the fit was and the ones that were loose (there were many) I just crimped them down a bit and soldered the pin to the wire for good measure while I had the pins out.

Simple to check, annoying to track down, might be worth a look especially since the car just started running well without doing anything.

I figured it out totally last night. For some reason the #4 injector driver took a crap on the AEM.

Fortunately the AEM has 10 injector outputs (so I have 4 spares) I took an old wiring harness, and yanked the pin and some extra wire out of it. I then put it into my RB26 harness, in the spot for the #7 injector output on the AEM.

I then went into the injector configuration, turned injector 4 off, turned injector 7 on, and then corrected the injector phasing on inj 7 to match what #4 was....

Fired like a champ