HybridZ

sr20det rocker arm question

280zjoel

Hi everyone, just like to say i got my z back from vildinimotorsports were they did a great job on my car, Im completely satisfied with the work they have done, but i screwed up on the head gasket (no copper spray on MHG) and it leaks:malebitch. But to get to the point, here is my issue, while in the process of removing the cylinder head i noticed that one of the rocker arm has some scouring marks on it, i know it wasn't there before but i am wondering what caused it, do you guys think i have a bad lifter, or maybe something i overlooked? either way i got a spare block and head for parts so i can just swap the rocker arm and hydro lifter over but im not sure what the problem might be. thanks in advance

scratched.jpg?t=1207713041

• 3 weeks later...

That is NOT normal. I would check them all very closely. It is usually caused from no oil on that lobe. Check the oil holes in the tubes that lube the cams. I always soak the pipes in carb cleaner and blow them clear. You should also check the cams. The rockers should be smooth with no wear lines on them, otherwise, replace them.