HybridZ

new headlight, weak beam

Shortly after buying my car I installed Silverstar sealed beams. They worked great when I first installed them. Roughly a month later my friend told me one was going dim. After looking at the harness I found where it had once been spliced for some reason between the headlight and the main harness. Having found a replacement section I thought I was golden until I flipped the lights on. I have found that with some movement the light will become brighter but as you will see in the picture there is no comparison to the driver side light. Also, when I flip the brights on the bulb goes out completely and the high beam indicator in the speedo does not come on. Thanks in advance for any help.

http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=01140020yp2.jpg

Thanks guy's, the connector is in great shape and I'll double check all the grounds and make sure they are good. Secondly, the previous owner had a wire spliced into the old harness section that went to the low beam wire and was grounded to the inner wheel well. Any idea why they would have done that?