HybridZ

maxima diesel in JY

jeffer949

There is a maxima diesel in the jy by me and im going to go get the crank the first thing in the morning. I would pull the whole motor but i just dont have that much extra money right now. Id like to get the parts to the diesel guys but i cant put that much money up front. So is there anything that i should get?? besides the crank? that i could def. sell? Its a complete car and the whole motor is there. im thinking maybe the intake but idk. Well your input would be great. oh ya the crank will probably be for sale depending on how much i can get for it? might keep it in case i want to build a stroker someday.

depending on what they want for the diesel fuel distribution pump, I would be interested in having a spare. I might also be interested in the injectors if they dont charge alot for those.

If the pump is under $50 id be up for it.

If the injectors are under $5 each Id be up for it.

The injectors are actually bolted on the passenger side of the head, the pump is driven off the front pully and will end up getting pulled before you pull the crank.

dont forget your 27mm to get the crank pulley off ;)

Not easy. Ive heard its a pain to change a oil pan gasket with the motor in the car, Im guessing pulling the crank would be pretty difficult.

PM sent.

Yes, pulling the oil pan for maintenance, not much clearance have done it twice with my S-130 1979 280zx. I have dissassembled a few engines to the block for parts or piston/rod inspection while they are still bolted to the engine mounts due to not having a cherry picker at the time. You could get to some of the crank removal points, but to pull the crank, you need to remove all your engine accessories, head, driveshaft, transmission, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, crank pulley, timing front cover (did I miss anything) out of the way to gain access to all the crank removal points. Now if you get the car up on strong stable jackstands, support the engine's weight by placing a large block or another stable jack stand under the front of the transmission where it meets the engine, you could then remove the front crossmember and steering rack as an assembly and get enough access to remove the crank. In my opinion, with all the work I just described above just to get to the crank with the engine still in the car, removing the engine as an assembly and placing it on a work stand is the best way to go. Hope this helps.

Personally, I'd just find out how much they want for the whole engine and if it isn't ridiculous get it. Then you can pull the crank where you're comfortable and then sell the parts off of it that you don't want.

How much are they asking for the crank?

I haven't actually been to a pick and pull myself, so, what condition would they expect you to leave the rest of the block in if you took the crank out there?

What kind of condition is the whole car in?