HybridZ

FYI - Use can use any aftermarket wideband with the NEW Wolf V500

ktm

Have you confirmed that the O2 sensor is sending out the correctly voltage? I would wire up a pair of leads on the O2 sensor wires going to Wolf and measure the voltage. This will confirm that Wolf is getting the voltage signal.

Where did you wire up the connections? Directly to the Wolf inputs for the O2 sensor? I connected my LC-1 gauge output to AuxLS5 since I have the primary LC-1 output going to the LMA-3 auxbox. I then selected the AuxLS5 as the external input pin for the lamba 2 wideband channel within the software.

thanks ktm , was infromed by robbie to use the lambda 1 inputs a31 and a32 for the signal out + and signal out -, autometer is outputing the correct voltages , have had a digital voltmeter connected at the same time , now this is where it gets wierd the oxy-1 reads the volts in the digital part of the dashboard , 0-4 and as you would expect the display only reads 0-1 , can datalog the volts.

the afr1 display and logging dont work , only displays what is typed in to the calibration area.

will try to find spare auxls and see what happens , did you have to setup the aux table?

give you a heads up my v500 is running stand alone , controlling the motor and the 4 speed automatic , duel fuel (lpg) , if you ask wolf this ecu setup dosent exsist

have been trying to work this out with robbie but for the last two weeks hes not answering his emails

It's not the secondary output from the LC-1. I tapped into the wideband output that goes to the actual wideband gauge and ran that line over to AuxLS5. It is just the 0-5v signal.

I then went to my Lamba sensor configuration, selected the external input as AuxLS5, and set the voltage calibration.

The reason I did it this way is because I used to have Wolf (before they enabled the wideband O2) control a series of LEDs based upon the AuxLS5 (LC-1) voltage. It was a crude AFR gauge I used along with my G3 gauge from Innovate.

When they enabled the wideband O2 feature, I never changed the arrangement. I just selected the external input for Lamba 2 (I meant Lamba 2 originally) as AuxLS5.

I did not have to setup a calibration table for the auxiliary channel.

Since you have the Autometer setup, I am assuming you do not need Wolf to drive the heater element. My LC-1 is the same way. I do not need Wolf to do anything to the wideband O2 sensor. The LC-1 takes care of it all. All you need to send to Wolf is the voltage signal (one wire).

Ok, here is the setup and it is quite odd in that it actually works.

My spare LC-1 output wire (it has two) is wired to Wolf's AuxLS4. This is the ONLY connection between my LC-1 and Wolf.

On the Lamba 1 sensor configuration screen, I have the External Pin set to......Lamba 1 (not AuxLS4). When doing it this way, Oxy-1v is correct and the AFRs are correct.

If I change the External Pin to AuxLS4, the AFRs peg to 22.4 but the voltage (oxy1) is still correct. This is what you are experiencing.

However, change it back to Lamba 1 and the AFRs are correct.

Talk about odd.

tried everything as descibed but you guessed it ,didnt work

now whats different

ecu Rev A 22nf firmware Ver 5.03

tried both 5.00.75 and 5.00.77(even though its for duel wideband)

autometer es gauge 0-4volt output on one wire (checked to ground and signal ground from the gauge)

.1volt on the signal ground wire (think its differential, could be wrong)

tried pin b6 AuxLS 4 nothing, at which point i turned all wideband settings off and double checked all other areas of the software for any other reference to auxls 4 or lambda 1 or lambda 2, after which the oxy-1 digtal display showed 1.6 1.7volts ,nothing conected to ecu on any pins to do with wideband or narrow o2 etc.

can still log oxy1 volts but thats it

as recently as tonight i spoke to robbie and they still recon they can get it to work , i mean if we think about this its not brain surjury all we want to do is input an amount of voltage like a tps and get it to display on the right dashboard gauge and data log , their allready doing it with temp , throtle posititon etc. who's the tech that designed the circuit board he may have an idea!!!!

xfpaul, I am not saying that Wolf has screwed up, but it would not be the first time they did. I believe it was Hughdogz who had an issue with his harness/plug. The wires were not in the correct pinout.

This may be the case with your setup. Or not. It may the case in my setup given how I have the LC-1 hooked up to AuxLS4. Who knows.

I am fresh out of ideas. Good luck and please keep us posted.

oh yeah i'll agree there, im a motor machanic and a computer tech by trade , i had to trace every wire , double check every function the wolf is controlling that includes something they say dosent exit and thats the fact that my wolf controls the 4 speed auto , shift points , convertor lockup , shift hardness and line pressures , hence the reason i dont have a lot of spare inputs/outputs etc.

going to do a test using the air temp input and watch the runtime data and see iif the voltage is taken and displayed.

by the way have you guys got the runtime data tab at the bottom of your left table?

I will take a look about the runtime data.

Would you mind posting how you got Wolf to control an automatic tranny? Ron Tyler, a moderator here and Wolf distributor, was going to try and get Wolf to control an auto tranny.

I know I would be greatly interested as well for future plans. Right now I have Wolf controlling two methanol injectors via PWM, 6 LEDs as status indicators, monitoring methanol pressure and switching maps based on a threshold pressure, and knock sensor input and pulling timing on knock (still working out the bugs here).

• 4 weeks later...

standby lots of news for ya , i live in hobart tasmania , just got back from taking my car on the boat to melbourne , bit of a trip.

updated the ecu to 5.04 , new software 5.00.77 instaler 002, now the afr and volts work still working on some changes will let you guys know as soon as

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...