HybridZ

turbo lt1 300z (pictures)

Is that a t70, have you done anything else to the motor. Let us know how it runs?

yup its a Master Power T70... .96 A/R exhaust, It is a stock engine for now hehee... I am actually driving it today and it is pretty violent around 3200 rpm. Its only around 4psi till I can get it up on the dyno. I have an FMU on it until I can put some injectors in it. I really need some tires on this thing now... I'll be at the shop this Sunday to dyno it and I'll video it and post it up for you guys.

Ok there it is, thought maybe you were build and drag car running on battery only. Or some weird driveshaft driven alternator like that crazy NASCAR fuel pump, LOL.

you can't see it from any of those angles... lol what are the chances

DSC01773.jpg

Man thats awesome for only 5.5 lbs. Get a good head gasket in there and that thing should be an monster. Is it a t56 or a tko transmission?

James

Thanks, I have a T56 behind it... can't wait to get some gaskets back in her

wow awesome work!!

that looks great! a few hours with a wire brush and some paint on the exhaust could do wonders!!

sorry to hear about the HG! =(

Thanks again! yea it needs a little touch up.. I might do some ceramic coating on all the hot stuff...

going to make any kind of a screamer pipe so that it's not going to atmosphere right around all those lines?

what was up w/ trimming a vacuum hose and then seeing a boost increase?

yea I forgot to order the piping for the dump tube... lol yea thats kinda a cheapy boost controler. If you put a tee with a long vac hose on it (about 2' to start to be safe) between the wastegate and the manifold it acts like a bleeder valve. The longer the hose the less increase in boost or none depending on the length.. the shorter the more it bleeds off and the boost goes up and too short and it goes BOOM!!! lol

yea I forgot to order the piping for the dump tube... lol yea thats kinda a cheapy boost controler. If you put a tee with a long vac hose on it (about 2' to start to be safe) between the wastegate and the manifold it acts like a bleeder valve. The longer the hose the less increase in boost or none depending on the length.. the shorter the more it bleeds off and the boost goes up and too short and it goes BOOM!!! lol

makes sense, never seen it done before this though.

That sound down right evil! Glad someone else asked about the hose cutting thing, LOL. Bummer about the head gasket, but I guess stock just can't cut it even at 5.5 boost.

yea, I kinda failed to mention that it did overheat slightly before this and that may have contributed to the outcome.... They should hold somewhere around 8-10psi but this again is an ASSumption.. lol

badass....cant wait to see this car out on the streets...i remember seeing this thing parked out infront of stage6 for the longest time..

yea I worked there for a while in the Argyle location... I have seen your screen name on a few of the local boards aswell..