HybridZ

'77 auto to manual

i already have a clutch pedal assembly master cylinder and clutch line(all bolt in parts). i have a '83 donor car thats n/a that i was planning on taking out of zx and putting into the z for emissions and cool factor. anyone know if the 83 ecu would mount in the 77 stock position?

btw, i've tried the search button but all i get is opinions, facts on putting a 5 speed (because all l28's are pretty much the same right?) from zx and putting into a z are pretty much non-excistent. all i really need to know is if i need a new driveshaft or not.

thank you.

Guest wjskelle
i already have a clutch pedal assembly master cylinder and clutch line(all bolt in parts). i have a '83 donor car thats n/a that i was planning on taking out of zx and putting into the z for emissions and cool factor. anyone know if the 83 ecu would mount in the 77 stock position?

thank you.

ridin_Z:

I'm will be doing this swap, barring any major problems...

'82 280ZX NA 5-speed transmission moved to:

'76 280Z (currently an auto)

The '82 was my first car when I turned 16 -- that was in '92 or so. It has been sitting in a field in northern Michigan for the last 10 or so years, rotting away. I was up there to see it two days ago, and it fired up INSTANTLY, settled into a beautiful idle running on whatever gas was left in it.

I just bought the '76 from Las Vegas (rust free) and had it shipped here to Michigan. The '82 ZX will be a parts donor.

So far I've not anticipated any issues with moving the transmission/flywheel/starter/clutch components over to the '76.

One person in this thread brought up the hole for the clutch master, which, um, I did not think of. :)

Does anyone know if the clutch/brake pedal assembly from the 280ZX is a direct transplant into a 280Z?

--Bill