HybridZ

Mike Kelly question

Owen

I clicked on the above link and you are right in their identification of the part. However, my identification of the part came first from Matt Millen, then from Chevy. Hope that yours works, but the item I modified must be the skip shift solenoide because it will not work if the solenoide isn't modified properly, and that was the only item I modified. My car has been driven with no transmission shift issues related to the Skip Shift. I hope it works for you.

Good Luck!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

[This message has been edited by Mikelly (edited March 20, 2000).]

• 1 year later...
Guest Anonymous

Hey everyone, working on putting my t56 into my car now, I didn't catch any of the stuff on having to modify the skip shift in Mike's article. I'm going to go reread it now, but could someone tell me what it says? Or explain it to me? Thanks a million.

sean

------------------

"I feel the need, the need for speed!!"

"Don't hate the player, hate the game!"

Here is the scoop on what I did....

Matt Millen accidentaly identified the skip shift as the speedo sensor, so in my tech article I hacked up the speedo sensoir and called it a Skip Shift...WRONG! Basically, I never did anything toi the Skip Shifter and All my parts work fine. I need to address some changes in the article as well, as many folks have done this swap since I wrote it back in 1999. Don't grind a thing off that tranny, and don't "Modify" the Skip Shifter...

Mike

------------------

http://hometown.aol.com/dat74z/myhomepage/auto.html

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

The JTR crossmember will go in there with the T56 if you hammer the tunnel, it ain't hard, a 3 lb sledge moves the metal quite quickly (relatively.. smile.gif ). As the others have mentioned cutting slits in the floor pan where it goes makes it easier to move, but then you have to reweld, its a bit of work either way. I think JTR needs to make an additional crossmember for the T56 thats narrower as its becoming really popular for the manual shifter V8Z crowd. IMHO.

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Just thought I'd let everyone out there with a zx, that I'm rearranging my motor mounts, and tranny mounts. I need to move the motor back 1.5 inches, and this gives me room for the tranny, as well as the shifter and stuff. I'm using the stock zx tranny mount, with a little modifying. I'll have lots of pics when they are done tomorrow, and it will be in my car next weekend. Lets just hope it works all right. If there are any other zx's out there looking for mounts, I have all the pics of what my automatic mounts looked like and will have them on a disk later today/tomorrow, so if you need pics, let me know. Will have a web page up this summer with all the stuff I did. Well, gotta go back to school

Sean

------------------

"I feel the need, the need for speed!!"

"Don't hate the player, hate the game!"