HybridZ

Changing input shaft t5

mossy74

I was looking at buying a heavy duty ford racing t5 from astro performance but from what I've read the input shaft is different, would a change of input shaft to a GM part work or wouldn't this work with the ford gears? Alternatively does anyone know where I could get a cheap world class t5 and I could get it fully rebuilt with a GM kit, I am in Australia so I guess this doesn't make it easy.

IF I understand this query correctly, then I would suggest you use the Astro input shaft and simply change the clutch disc. I would suggest you talk to Astro because I believe (hope I'm right here) that the astro input shaft is a 26 spline, 1 1/16" shaft, which is a GM shaft...isn't it?). So I don't think this will work. BTW, I've got the G-force gear-set, and it is the above set-up, which I think is identical to the Astro stuff (or close to it).

Terry the box I'm looking at from Astro is the standard ford racing version so it doesn't have the astro shafts, their website lists the box as 28 spline.

I have been in contact with Astro and apparently with their bellhousing this t5 will bolt up to the chevy. Just got to get a price on freight to Australia so hopefully this won't put me over budget.